Thursday, August 17, 2006

Promotional Material


I’ve been thinking a lot about helping to promote shows. I believe that if events are a success then I’m a success. So, I’ve come up with some things that will help. Next year I will have promotional posters. These posters are not only for libraries. They are also for elementary schools, stores and anywhere else families are every day. I’ve been testing out “mini” posters and they seem to work really well. I’ve also learned that there are specific ways I need to word things. I use to be cute with show titles, but now I keep things simple. For example, next years show will be called “Brett Roberts’ Pirate Magic Show”. This show will still have puppets in it. (In fact, I should be getting my new shark puppet today.) But, I’m calling it that because magic shows draw in almost as many kids as animal shows. Also, my name will bring some people to that show. I’ve had lots of people tell me that they came to the show just because I was there. I also have people follow me from one library to another during the summer. And, I’m debating on preparing a press release. That might not help the event that the press comes to see, but it could help future library events.